- Completion from an accredited dental school facility with a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD).
- Completion of a US based residency program in a dental facility.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times).
Minimum Work Experience
- Previous clinical experience in the dental field that indicates knowledge of diagnosis, assessment, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care objectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff; and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Strong knowledge of general dentistry, current developments in the field of dentistry, hospital and clinic organization, management, and procedures.
- Capable of preparing written reports and able to handle legal depositions and court hearings.
- Maintains an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Must have an unrestricted and valid prescriptive authority with Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests.
- May be required to work nights, weekend, and holidays.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of CFG Health Systems, LLC.
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient’s right to privacy.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Attends all CFG Health Systems related staff meetings.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Completes required orientation and trainings directed by facility.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
- Follows facility and CFG Health Systems Occurrence Protocol.
- Adheres to PREA regulations.
- Maintains security clearance for the assigned facility.
- Identifies and utilized appropriate channels of communication with supervising staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon written request to your supervisor for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities functions.
- May regularly be required to stand, sit, walk, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, or stretch, for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to communicate and understand written and verbal communication.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.