- Provides direct care and management of patient population in the form of individual, family and group counseling and development of patient’s individualized treatment plan.
- Performs case management activities for all individuals in their caseload.
- Completes the comprehensive assessment and other assessment tools as indicated to provide an overall summary of treatment needs.
- Maintains an active leadership role on the multi-disciplinary treatment team and provides relevant clinical information and updates to the treatment team to allow for the highest level of care and understanding.
- Accurately records patient progress in the clinical record.
- Participates in daily treatment team meeting, clinical rounds, monthly clinical in-services, and program staff meetings.
- Acts as a liaison between child/family and external organizations, providing professional representation of program to both internal and external organizations, participates on committees and forums when appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for those clients or groups of clients whose needs are not being met by available programs or by a specific agency.
- Maintain familiarity with professional and self-help systems in the community and will assist the client in using those services when necessary.
- Provide supervision to student interns, if applicable.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from program, providing coverage in case of absences/vacations, and other day-to-day issues related to the daily operation of the program.
- Annual certification in the Handle With Care behavior management system.
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision with Assistant Director of Clinical Services.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality and professional/ethical standards required by state and federal statutes and by those standards accepted for counseling and social work practice.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work or related field.
- Three years of experience in work with mental health/case management/ youth services or other transferable experience.
- LAC, LSW, LPC or LCSW Required.
- Maintains current or is actively pursuing NJ/National licensure in their respective discipline, if applicable.
- Involved in continuing education activities to further his/her own professional development.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a diverse team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your news feed