Administers and leads the nursing program of the medical unit to maintain standards of patient care. Advises medical staff, department heads and administrators in matters related to nursing services.
- Creates and implements polices, policies & practices relevant to the nursing staff’s provision of healthcare in the institution’s medical unit
- Sets goals, establishes priorities, manages resources, develops concepts and approaches, reviews the progress and results of projects and makes management decisions as they pertain to nursing staff
- Ensures that the medical unit is in compliance with applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations. Also ensures that the medical unit is in full compliance with the standards, policies and practices of the institution as well as CFG.
- Assists Senior Management and the Health Care Administrator in establishing the direction, goals and policies of the medical unit.
- Supervises subordinate personnel. This includes: interviewing, hiring, orienting, training scheduling, determining work, delegating assignment, monitoring and evaluating performance, coaching and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions
- Recommends, advocates and/or implements new or revised policies, procedures or practices as they relate to the nursing staff’s role in the medical unit
- Provides consultation, makes recommendations, gives appropriate advice and makes management decisions
- Conducts or assists in regular staff meetings and provides regular input to the staff
- Acts as a resource to members of the nursing staff by effectively providing information and determining the most efficient way to meet the needs of management, staff and patients.
- Delivers trainings, presentation and instruction to staff, patients, management, institutional personnel or the general public
- All other duties as assigned